4-H Teen Leadership & Community Change Conference
March 29-30, 2014
Kettunen Center, 14901 4-H Drive, Tustin, MI 49688
Sign-in: Saturday, March 29, 2014, 9:30 – 10:30 a.m.
Workshop Begins: Saturday, March 29, 2014, 11 a.m.
Workshop Ends: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 1:30 p.m. with lunch
Who Should Attend?
The conference is open to teens, 4-H members and non-members, aged 12 (by January 1, 2014) and older. The conference is also open to adult 4-H volunteers and MSU Extension youth educators and adults who work with youth in a variety of educational settings. This 2014 conference is for individuals who want to make a difference in their community and are willing to put into action the skills they learn and knowledge they gain.
The 2014 4-H Teen Leadership & Community Change Conference objectives are for participants to:
• Develop skills, knowledge and commitment in citizenship, leadership and service.
• Give youth and adults the tools to start a citizenship, leadership and service program in their community or build on and enhance existing programs and activities.
• Discover ways to be an effective club member, leader and officer.
• Discover how to be a “Youth Leader in a Global World.”
• Meet and share ideas with 4-H teen and adult volunteers from around the state.
• Develop a county plan of action for using your new knowledge and skills back home.
• Build appreciation for diversity and multiculturalism.
• Have fun!
The fee for 4-H members and 4-H volunteers to attend this 2-day workshop is $62.00. MSU Extension staff with 4-H responsibilities that bring a volunteer leader or member to the workshop will also be charged the reduced volunteer rate of $62.00. MSU Extension staff who attend without a volunteer or member, non-4-H members and personnel from other agencies pay $105.25. All fees must be paid at the time of registration either online in the registration system or at your county extension office.
Persons canceling without a replacement by Wednesday, March 19, 2014, will be charged a $15.00 resource fee. Persons who do not show up at the workshop, do not have a replacement, or do not cancel through the State 4-H Office within 48 hours (Jan. 23, 2014) prior to the start of workshop will be billed a $62.00 no-show fee.
Michigan State University is committed to providing equal opportunity for participation in all programs, services and activities. Accommodations for persons with disabilities may be requested by contacting the event contact two weeks prior to the start of the event. Requests received after this date will be honored whenever possible.
For information contact Brian Wibby at 906-475-5731 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.