Prevent Cancer through HPV Vaccination:
Update for Health Care Personnel
Date: February 23, 2017
Time: 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. Or 12:00 noon to 1:00 p.m.
Presenters: Courtnay Londo, MA; Andrea Becker, RN, BSN; Stephanie Sanchez
The MSU College of Human Medicine Continuing Medical Education, Michigan Department of Health and Human Services and the Physician Peer Education Project on Immunization are happy to host these HPV immunization online presentations.
- Introduction, Current HPV Rates, Lessons Learned from HPV Grant - Courtnay Londo
- Updated HPV Module, Including New ACIP Recommendations - Andrea Becker
- AFIX Quality Improvement Grant, Evidence-Based Strategies for improving HPV Rates - Stephanie Sanchez
The goals of the webinar are to:
- Define the importance of HPV vaccination for cancer prevention and the rationale for vaccinating at ages 11 or 12
- List the indications for HPV vaccine, including the new 2-dose recommendation
- Provide useful and compelling information about HPV vaccine to aid health care personnel in talking to parents about vaccination
This session has been approved for CME credit.
Planners, reviewers or faculty presenters have the following to disclose: Planner, Dr. Daniel McGee is on the speaker’s bureau for Sanofi-Pasteur and Pfizer. Conflict has been resolved to ensure unbiased presentations. All other planners, reviewers, faculty presenters have nothing to disclose.
No commercial support was provided for this activity.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint provider ship of Michigan State University and MDHHS. Michigan State University is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Michigan State University designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Michigan State University is committed to providing equal opportunity for participation in all programs, services and activities. Accommodations for persons with disabilities may be requested by contacting the event contact two weeks prior to the start of the event. Requests received after this date will be honored whenever possible.
For information contact Connie DeMars, Coordinator with MSU Extension, 446 West Circle Dr., Room 160, East Lansing, MI 48824, 517-432-5620 or firstname.lastname@example.org.