Introduction to MarketMaker Webinar
Sponsored by the Good Food Fund, MSU Center for Regional Food Systems, and MSU Product Center
2 - 2:45 p.m. May 2, 2019
See confirmation email for webinar connection details.
Tune in to learn about MarketMaker and its applications in the food system.
Connecting markets and quality food sources from farm and fishery to fork
Whether you are a producer looking to reach new markets; a buyer wanting to connect with local or specialty suppliers; or a consumer looking for goods and services in your area MarketMaker is a must-have resource.
MarketMaker is the largest and most in-depth database of its kind featuring a diverse community of food-related businesses: buyers, farmers/ranchers, fisheries, farmers markets, processors/packers, wineries, restaurants and more. MarketMaker provides simple yet powerful search tools to connect with others across the production and distribution chain.
For the farm and food entrepreneur:
- Farms and businesses manage and update their own profiles
- Farms can link their profiles to markets
- Research markets
For the consumer:
- What’s in Season App for available produce
For farmer’s market and food hub:
- A virtual forum where product needs and product availability can be posted
- Markets can link their profiles to their vendors
- Customizable platforms that draw from a common data base
For the community food systems professional:
- Interactive mapping of food where it’s grown, processed and sold
- Standardized data that connects local, regional and potentially global markets
- Secure cloud-based environment for reliability and scalability
- Interactive web-based mapping platforms that draw from a common data base
- Q & A
Registration for Introduction to MarketMaker is open.
Registration closes at 11:59 p.m. on May 1, 2019.
Michigan State University is committed to providing equal opportunity for participation in all programs, services and activities. Accommodations for persons with disabilities may be requested by contacting the event contact two weeks prior to the start of the event. Requests received after this date will be honored whenever possible.