April 15-18, 2018
The program will be held in Okemos and Downtown Lansing
4-H Capitol Experience is an annual 4-day conference that focuses on civic engagement and public policy. Up to 100 teens from around the state converge on Lansing, Michigan to experience state government in action and learn how they can influence policy issues. Participants interact with legislators, state agency staff, lobbyists and other resource people to learn how policy is made.
• Understand the responsibilities of a citizen
• Explore different aspects of a policy issue that may affect individuals and communities
• Explore various careers in public policy
• Attend a bill writing session
• Have an in-depth meeting with someone in (or involved with) state government simulations and activities are incorporated to reinforce and apply what is learned about government.
Teens leave the conference with the charge to share what they have learned and get involved with other leadership and civic engagement activities in their communities!
The program cost is $350 for 4-H members and $370 for non-members.
All payments must be made in full by March 16, 2018. If full payment is not received by this time, your registration will be cancelled and your spot offered to a registrant on the waitlist.
Voluntary cancellations received between March 1-16, 2018 will incur a $30 cancellation fee. Registration fees are non-refundable if cancellations are received after March 16, 2018.
Michigan State University is committed to providing equal opportunity for participation in all programs, services and activities. Accommodations for persons with disabilities may be requested by contacting the event contact two weeks prior to the start of the event. Requests received after this date will be honored whenever possible.
For more information contact Jackelyn Martin, Extension Educator at email@example.com or 734-222-3877.