June 13-15, 2018
14901 4-H Dr.
Tustin, MI 49688
Opening Doors is an overnight three (3) day retreat that runs from June 13-15, 2018 that lays the foundation for personal and organizational growth. Through this workshop, participants explore a framework that deepens their diversity awareness and enhances their ability to create inclusive organizations. The workshop addresses personal and professional change as part of an understanding differences initiative of multicultural organizational development.
In the Opening Doors workshop participants will:
- Increase understanding of diversity by identifying and learning more about their own identity groups;
- Identify personal feelings and experiences related to cultural and other differences among people;
- Examine how practices of institutions, as well as our own personal practices, maintain inequities among people and prevent us all from reaching our potential;
- Collectively develop a framework and common language in order to facilitate change;
- Build alliances and networks.
There is no registration fee for CANR, MSU Extension or AgBioResearch staff.
Registration for all others is $300.00
Participant housing is double occupancy.
Michigan State University is committed to providing equal opportunity for participation in all programs, services and activities. Accommodations for persons with disabilities may be requested by contacting the event contact two weeks prior to the start of the event. Requests received after this date will be honored whenever possible.