To be eligible, you must be at-risk for prediabetes or have test results showing you have prediabetes. This workshop is not for people with diabetes. You are at high-risk if you answer "yes" to more than 3 of the following:
- I am 45 years of age or older.
- I am overweight.
- I have a parent with diabetes.
- I have a sister or brother with diabetes.
- My family background is African American, Hispanic/Latino, American Indian, Asian American, or Pacific Islander.
- I had diabetes while I was pregnant (gestational diabetes), or I gave birth to a baby weighing 9 pounds or more.
- I am physically active less than three times a week
There is an information session on Wednesday, Oct. 10, 2018, from 6-7 p.m. at Michigan State University, 775 Ball Ave. NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503. The sessions will start on Wednesday, October 24 from 5:30-6:30 p.m. You will work with a lifestyle coach in a group setting to receive a 1-year lifestyle change program that includes 16 core sessions (roughly once per week) for the first 6 months and 6 monthly sessions for the last 6 months.
The program is supported financially by Michigan State University Extension and the Kent County Medical Society Alliance Foundation.
Michigan State University is committed to providing equal opportunity for participation in all programs, services and activities. Accommodations for persons with disabilities may be requested by contacting the event contact two weeks prior to the start of the event. Requests received after this date will be honored whenever possible.
For information, please contact Christi Demitz at 616-632-7881 or email@example.com.