Tuesdays, March 13, 2018 thru April 24, 2018
6:30 - 7:30 p.m.
Hunters Creek Community Center
725 Demille Rd.
Lapeer, MI 48446
A 7-week series that introduces adults to the experience and practice of mindfulness to reduce stress.
In this FREE introduction to the practice of mindfulness to reduce stress, participants will learn:
- Awareness of mindful breathing, eating, and moving
- Increased flexibility in responding to stress
- The power of acceptance, self-compassion and gratitude
- To gain perspective on negative thoughts, sensations, worries
- The physical, mental and social benefits of laughter
- Self-care skills to feel better and find more enjoyment in life
Cost : FREE
Michigan State University is committed to providing equal opportunity for participation in all programs, services and activities. Accommodations for persons with disabilities may be requested by contacting the event contact two weeks prior to the start of the event. Requests received after this date will be honored whenever possible.