Thursday, March 29
11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Extension Health Research “Speed Meetings” offer MSU faculty who conduct health research the opportunity to connect with MSU Extension educators face-to-face and explore collaboration possibilities. This two-hour, working lunch features a rapid series of ten presentations on health programming by a variety of MSU Extension educators followed by discussion time to allow contact information to be exchanged.
Learn how MSU Extension can support your research agenda
MSU Extension has a 100-year history as a permanent resource in communities throughout the state. It is comprised of leaders with long-standing community connections and health expertise in multiple health-related fields.
Extension educators implement programming that can address many of the social determinants of health that support families, community members and coworkers to better manage health conditions that may affect their daily life.
They also understand and can prioritize health needs in communities, educate audiences, train leaders, and facilitate networking.
Extension educators can support your research agenda as:
- collaborators in conducting community-based research throughout the State of Michigan
- sources for recruitment into your studies
- sources for program interventions that can be included in your studies
- additions to the interdisciplinary efforts needed in community-engaged research
- disseminators of your results to diverse audiences
Join MSU Extension for program information that can support your research!
Live Location (Lunch will be provided):
110 Radiology Building (846 Service Road, E. Lansing, MI 48824)
Videoconferencing will be available at the following locations (Lunch will not be provided):
- Clinton Township: UC4 117-1, Admin Conference Room, Macomb University Center (44575 Garfield Road, Clinton Township, MI 48038)
- Detroit: DMC Classroom, Detroit Medical Center (4707 St. Antoine, Detroit, MI 48201)
- Flint: 211 CHM Flint (200 East 1st Street, Flint, MI 48502)
- Grand Rapids: 251 Secchia Center (15 Michigan St., NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503)
- Marquette: LRC 111a, Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University (1401 Presque Isle Ave, Marquette, MI 49855)
- Midland:GL-139 MSU/CHM Midland Regional Campus (4611 Campus Ridge Dr., Midland, MI 48670)
- Southfield: Room 8B, Ascension | St. John Providence, (16001 West Nine Mile Road, Southfield, MI 48075)
- Traverse City: Building 29, REMEC Room 2, Munson Medical Center (1105 6th St., Traverse City, MI 49684)
Registration for Extension Health Research Speed Meeting is open.
Registration closes at 11:59 p.m. on March 23, 2018.
Michigan State University is committed to providing equal opportunity for participation in all programs, services and activities. Accommodations for persons with disabilities may be requested by contacting the event contact two weeks prior to the start of the event. Requests received after this date will be honored whenever possible.