Aug. 3, 2019
Bluewater Sportsman's Association
in St. Clair County
4866 Ravenswood Road
Kimball, MI 48074
This annual event, sometimes referred to as the “4-H State Shoot,” provides Michigan 4-H Shooting Sports members with the opportunity to test skills and earn recognition with other 4-H members from across the state.
- BB Gun
- Air Rifle
- .22 Rifle
- Target Archery
- 3-D Archery
- Hunting and Wildlife (Available as a FREE 2nd event registration!)
Registrations canceled after July 10 will incur a $15 cancellation fee.
To complete registration be sure you have a form with the registration information from your local instructor.
For tournament rules and regulations, please visit https://www.canr.msu.edu/4_h_state_shooting_sports_tournament/index.
Updates for 2019:
1. Youth may register free for a 2nd class, IF it is Hunting and Wildlife. Any problems or registration concerns for the 2nd registration should be emailed to Laura Quist, firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Parking will be reduced. Please carpool as lot size is diminished. Volunteer Parking attendants to assist. Clubs with buses/shuttle suggestions that can be used for the event are encouraged to contact Laura Quist, email@example.com.
3. Participants will be contacted by email with registration confirmation. Data from this registration is transferred manually to another database for the event. Human errors can be made during this process and must be corrected PRIOR TO THE EVENT. Please watch for email confirmation of classes, sent to parents, county coordinators and staff. Errors MUST be corrected in advance of the event and CANNOT be made on-site. This is the responsibility of the participant prior to the event.
4. An additional competition will take place Friday, Aug.2 at the same location, offering advanced competition in archery and rifle. This pilot will be open to a limited number of youth and will be FREE. Participants may also compete in Saturday's events. Rules mimic National 4-H Shoot rules, where possible. Details and a separate registration process will be announced by the end of June. Priority will be given to participants who:
a. applied to the 2020 National 4-H Shoot Team; and/or
b. applied for State Awards in Shooting Sports; and/or
c. are Teen Leaders certified as Shooting Sports Instructors; and/or
d. participated in the 2019 4-H National Shoot; and/or
e. are too old to compete at 4-H National Shoot.
(Registration for the 2020 National Shoot team is open now and closes on July 10, 2019. Registration OPEN NOW at Public URL: https://events.anr.msu.edu/SS_Nationals/ .
Registration for 4-H State Shooting Sports Tournament is open.
Registration closes at 11:59 p.m. on July 26, 2019.
Michigan State University is committed to providing equal opportunity for participation in all programs, services and activities. Accommodations for persons with disabilities may be requested by contacting the event contact two weeks prior to the start of the event. Requests received after this date will be honored whenever possible.