Aug.5 - 15, 2019
The Ohio State University
The Quantitative Microbial Risk Assessment Interdisciplinary Instructional Institute (QMRA III) is designed for advanced graduate students, post-doctoral fellows and early-career professionals to assimilate scientific data and implement computer programs towards building a risk assessment for assuring safety and health goals. Participants will gain hands-on experience with risk assessment software and work on real-world case studies. QMRAIII - 2019 will be held at The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH from August 5 - 15, 2019.
QMRA III is a 10-day workshop, wherein participants will:
- Attend lectures from top scientists in the QMRA field
- Engage in specific hands-on exercises
- Collaborate within multidisciplinary teams to conduct a QMRA as a research case study under the mentorship of a program faculty member and teaching assistant
- Use and Contribute to the QMRAwiki knowledge repository QMRAwiki
- Accepting applications: Jan. 21, 2019 until Apr. 15, 2019
- Notice of acceptance will be sent by Apr.22, 2019
- Registration deadline: May 1, 2019
Dr. Jade Mitchell or Dr. Mark Weir at qmraIII@anr.msu.edu
Funded by National Institutes of Health
The QMRA III is supported by the National Institute Of General Medical Sciences of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) under Award Number R25GM108593. The content is solely the responsibility of the QMRA III program directors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institutes of Health.
Michigan State University is committed to providing equal opportunity for participation in all programs, services and activities. Accommodations for persons with disabilities may be requested by contacting the event contact two weeks prior to the start of the event. Requests received after this date will be honored whenever possible.