Mindfulness X Online
July 21, 28, Aug. 4, 11, 18, 25 and Sept. 1, 8, 2022
1:30 - 3:30 pm. ET
Mindfulness X is a Science-Based Mindfulness Training. Discover How Mindfulness Can Make Drastically Positive Shifts in Your Physical and Mental Health.
Research has shown that people who are more mindful are generally happier and report less anxiety, symptoms of depression, anger, and worries. A higher degree of mindfulness is also associated with reduced stress and increased gratitude, hope, and vitality. So if practicing mindfulness holds such powerful potential for our well-being, why aren’t we all doing it every day? The reason is that we often need more guidance and support than simply downloading an app. We need to better understand the underlying processes and research behind mindfulness. Mindfulness X is designed to walk you through everything you need to fully understand mindfulness and experience the profound effects it can have on your life.
In this training, you will benefit from:
- One deep-dive into a specific element of mindfulness per session
- Information and practice integrated with research and evidence
- Small, informal practices that help weave mindfulness into your daily routine
- An examination of mindfulness in the broader context of life and how we perceive things
- Understanding the foundation of psychological processes that mindfulness rests upon
- A detailed handbook with worksheets and homework
- A community of fellow participants
This program is perfect for you if:
- You’re curious about mindfulness and want to commit to developing a practice
- You’ve tried meditation or mindfulness before, and it didn’t work out
- You want to know the nuts and bolts behind the practice and approach it in a science-based way
- You experience anxiety, stress, or trouble sleeping
- You want to live more mindfully and feel more alive and present
This is a free class.
This is a live class using Zoom and will not be recorded. Instructions on Zoom software and setup will be sent in the confirmation email.
Michigan State University is committed to providing equal opportunity for participation in all programs, services and activities. Accommodations for persons with disabilities may be requested by contacting the event contact two weeks prior to the start of the event. Requests received after this date will be honored whenever possible.