MSU and Michigan Potato Field Day
August 5, 2021
9 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
MSU Montcalm Research Center
Michigan State University and Michigan Potato Industry Commission are hosting the 2021 MSU and Michigan Potato Field Day. The field day will consist of three one-hour sessions that will repeat (9 a.m. to Noon), to then be followed by a catered lunch (Noon to 1:30 p.m.).
4629 W. McBrides Road
Lakeview, MI 48850
Sessions include the following topic areas:
- Climate Resilience in Potatoes
- Examine elite cultivars under water and temperature stress
- Learn tools and techniques to improve nutrient utilization help keep fertilizer where you need it
- See the impact of water management on potato production
- Current Production Season Challenges
- Learn strategies to enhance Colorado Potato Beetle Management
- See new techniques with RNA-based insecticides to reduce pest resistance
- Hear new management practices for dry weather weed management
- Advancements in Potato Pathology, Nematology, and Storability
- Learn the importance of soil health management to improve potato production
- Hear the latest on germplasm resistance and opportunities for improved storage disease management
- See the impacts of DMN (1,4-Dimethylnaphalene) on potato storage pathogens
- Examine elite cultivars for long term storage and superior chipping
COVID-19 UPDATE: We are planning for an in-person program for Aug. 5, 2021. However, we continue to monitor the evolution of the pandemic and how this might impact the event. We will decide as to whether it is necessary to postpone or change the format of the event prior to (Aug. 1, 2021). This decision will be based on the status of the COVID-19 pandemic and the recommendations/guidelines from MSU, the State of Michigan, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health departments. You will be contacted regarding any changes or updates through the email you use to register.
Registration for MSU and Michigan Potato Field Day is open.
Registration closes at 11:59 p.m. on August 2, 2021.
Michigan State University is committed to providing equal opportunity for participation in all programs, services and activities. Accommodations for persons with disabilities may be requested by contacting the event contact two weeks prior to the start of the event. Requests received after this date will be honored whenever possible.