Great Lakes Leadership Academy - Leadership Advancement Program
The Leadership Advancement Program will broaden the participant’s knowledge base and their professional network while helping them to understand the role and influence of government and special interests on issues affecting their lives and communities. Cohort 7 will begin in February of 2021. The application period will begin in the summer of 2020.
The Leadership Advancement Program includes:
- 12 sessions (40 days within 18 months) at various sites across Michigan
- Classroom and experiential learning
- Exposure to emerging issues in Michigan through hands-on learning
- Broadened perspectives through exposure to societal, economic, and cultural differences
- A forum for diverse perspectives
- State and national travel
- Ongoing networking, training, and support of alumni
Michigan State University is committed to providing equal opportunity for participation in all programs, services and activities. Accommodations for persons with disabilities may be requested by contacting the event contact two weeks prior to the start of the event. Requests received after this date will be honored whenever possible.