Financial Preparedness for Disasters
Sept. 22, 2020
1 - 2 p.m. EST
Prepare in Advance for Disasters
If a disaster occurs, the government and disaster-relief organizations will try to
help you, but you need to be ready as well.
No one is ever 100 percent prepared for a disaster. To be better prepared
financially, you can take the following actions before a disaster happens:
- Get the insurance you need
- Set money aside in an emergency savings fund
- Keep some cash in a safe place
- Sign up for direct deposit
- Consider arranging for online or mobile banking
- Keep financial documents in a safe place
Location: Online - The class will be held via Zoom. It is recommended that you have a microphone and webcam, but it is not necessary.
Registration: is required
Michigan State University is committed to providing equal opportunity for participation in all programs, services and activities. Accommodations for persons with disabilities may be requested by contacting the event contact two weeks prior to the start of the event. Requests received after this date will be honored whenever possible.