Homeownership - Focus Hope Detroit, Michigan
Nov. 19 and Nov. 21, 2019
5:30 - 8:30 p.m.
MSU Extension offices at Focus Hope
1360 Oakman Blvd.
Detroit, Michigan 48238
- The advantages of homeownership
- The steps in the home buying process
- The costs of homeownership
- The importance of good credit
- How to determine how much house you can afford
- Mortgage loan basics
- How to maintain your investment
- Certificate of completion good for one year
Attending both sessions and returning required paperwork fulfills the requirements for certificate of completion. This certificate can be shared with your mortgage loan officer to satisfy the homebuyer education requirement for MSHDA loans and down payment assistance, USDA Rural Development loans and many other lenders.
Registration for Homeownership is open.
Registration closes at 11:59 p.m. on November 18, 2019.
Michigan State University is committed to providing equal opportunity for participation in all programs, services and activities. Accommodations for persons with disabilities may be requested by contacting the event contact two weeks prior to the start of the event. Requests received after this date will be honored whenever possible.