Winter Food Safety Q&A
Mondays, Jan. 18 - March 29, 2021
1 -1:30 p.m. EST
Online Via Zoom
This is a FREE workshop taught by an experienced MSU Extension food safety educators.
Choose to register for all the sessions by selecting the "register all" button or select the individual sessions you are interested in registering for.
- Feb. 15, 2021 - Comfort Foods - Cooling Safely
- How do you keep food out of the Temperature Danger Zone? Discover how to quickly cool large amounts of food to keep them safe.
- Feb. 22, 2021- Freezer Meal Prep
- It's 4 o'clock, what's for dinner? Planning for busy days, explore how to safely prepare and freeze meals ahead.
- March 1, 2021 - Using your Frozen Fruit
- Did you stock up on fresh fruit and now you can't use it all before it starts to turn bad? Discover easy tips to utilize produce rather than throw it away and still be food safe.
- March 15, 2021 - Sharpen your Kitchen Skills: Knives 101
- A sharp knife is a safe knife and makes all the difference in your kitchen. The program will cover how to sharpen knives and different knife types. Learn how to properly hold and cut with your knife during this presentation.
- March 22, 2021 - Spring Cleaning your Kitchen
- It's been a long dreary winter, what is lurking in your refrigerator and cupboards? Did you know pathogens can grow in your refrigerator? It is time to clean your kitchen and check the expiration dates of food items.
- March 29, 2021 - Social Media & Food Safety
- Food safety should always be a part of every recipe. Learn what food safety steps are missing from recipes shared on social media.
Registration for Winter Food Safety Q&A is open.
Registration closes at 11:59 p.m. on March 28, 2021.
Michigan State University is committed to providing equal opportunity for participation in all programs, services and activities. Accommodations for persons with disabilities may be requested by contacting the event contact two weeks prior to the start of the event. Requests received after this date will be honored whenever possible.