Live Hop Production Webinar Series 2020
2020 BINE & DINE WEBINAR SERIES
Michigan State University Extension is excited to announce the 2nd annual Bine and Dine webinar series. Join Rob Sirrine, Erin Lizotte and MSU faculty on the first Monday of each month to learn about agronomic practices, pest management, fertility, timing of hop management activities and more! The series will run the first Monday of each month (1st Tuesday in September) from 12-1 PM EST. Each webinar will focus on providing timely information on current conditions and helping growers plan for upcoming management milestones. Recordings of the webinar will be available for registrants unable to attend live. See the schedule below for more information. The series is free, but registration is required. Registrants will receive email notification with instructions for joining the webinar.
April 6, 2020
- 2020 MSU Hop Management Guide
- Pruning, weed control, disking
May 4, 2020
- Downy Mildew with featured guest, Dr. Tim Miles, MSU
- Irrigation, fertility, training
- Pests (Potato leafhopper, European Corn Borer)
June 1, 2020
- Powdery mildew and cone diseases with featured guest, Dr. Tim Miles, MSU
- Tissue testing, disking, fertility and irrigation
- Pest update (Mites, Rose Chafer)
July 6, 2020
- Virus/viroid update, with featured guest, Dr. Carolyn Malmstrom, MSU
- Pest update (Japanese beetle, mildew update)
August 3, 2020
- Pest update
- Determining optimal harvest date
September 8, 2019 (TUESDAY)
- Pest update
- Post-harvest practices in the field (eg. cover crops)
This work is supported by the Crop Protection and Pest Management Program 2017-70006-27175 from the USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture. Any opinions, findings, conclusions or recommendations expressed in this publication are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the view of the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
Registration for Live Hop Production Webinar Series 2020 is open.
Registration closes at 11:59 p.m. on September 8, 2020.
Michigan State University is committed to providing equal opportunity for participation in all programs, services and activities. Accommodations for persons with disabilities may be requested by contacting the event contact two weeks prior to the start of the event. Requests received after this date will be honored whenever possible.