Dessert with Discussion: Heroes to Hives
Thursday, October 15, 2020
Doors open at 7 p.m.
Kellogg Biological Station Auditorium
3700 E. Gull Lake Dr.
Hickory Corners, MI 49060
Dr. Adam Ingrao (Veteran’s Liaison for Michigan State University Extension and an Agricultural Entomologist), will share:
- The current status of the US beekeeping industry
- Efforts to address honey bee decline
- The historical relationship between veterans and beekeeping
- How Heroes to Hives trains veterans to become beekeepers, supports veterans’ health
- How Heroes to Hives alumni are training the next generation of beekeepers
Can't attend in person? Join us for the live stream via YouTube. Please register to receive more information and a direct link to the evening's live stream.
Thank you to our event sponsors GreenStone Farm Credit Services, Kalamazoo Bee Club and Kalamazoo Area Wild Ones!
Registration for Dessert with Discussion - Heroes to Hives is open.
Registration closes at 11:59 p.m. on October 15, 2020.
Michigan State University is committed to providing equal opportunity for participation in all programs, services and activities. Accommodations for persons with disabilities may be requested by contacting the event contact two weeks prior to the start of the event. Requests received after this date will be honored whenever possible.
For information contact the KBS Community Relations office at email@example.com or 269-671-2015.