Shooting Sports Regional Training-St Clair
Feb. 1-2, 2020
8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.; both days
Foursquare Sportsmans Club
6777 Cline Rd.
Jeddo, MI 48032
Adult and teen 4-H volunteers who have been approved by their county MSU Extension 4-H Staff person to work with 4-H Shooting Sports Programs and who have at least a basic working knowledge of and experience in the discipline in which they wish to participate. Teens must be at least 14 years old as of Jan. 1, 2020.
Learn about MI 4-H shooting sports mission and policy, risk management and safety, discipline specific equipment use and care, how to teach shooting fundamentals to youth, range set-up, and more.
The 4-H Shooting Sports Adult & Teen Instructors Certification Workshop provides leaders an opportunity to:
- Develop and improve skills in teaching shooting sports activities to youth
- Work toward certification to become a Michigan 4-H Shooting Sports certified instructor in a variety of shooting disciplines
- Learn how to develop, expand, and maintain local 4-H Shooting Sports programs
- Exchange ideas for local and State 4-H Shooting Sports programs with other leaders
All MI 4-H Shooting Sports Clubs must have instructors who have been certified through an official 4-H workshop in order to offer live-fire, on-range shooting and archery experiences to youth members.
At this training, participants may select one discipline from the following: Archery, Shotgun, or Hunting & Wildlife.
$65 (includes lunch and materials)
Cancellations received on or after Jan. 20, 2020 will not be refunded.
Full payment for your registration ($65) is required before the registration deadline (Jan. 17, 2020).
Before completing the registration form, please have your payment information handy. Upon completion of the registration page, you will automatically be redirected to the credit card payment screen. Please only complete your payment here if you intend to pay the entire registration fee using your credit card; there is not an option on this screen to make a partial payment, and a refund may not be possible if you anticipate receiving a county scholarship.
Payments can be made by any of the following options.
- Credit Card—you pay the full registration fee using your credit card in the registration system.
- Check—if you do not have a credit card and need to make payment by check please mail your check to workshop coordinator (St. Clair MSU Extension, Attn: Lori Warchuck, 200 Grand River Ave. Suite 102, Port Huron, MI 48060.) When the credit card screen comes up, close out of it. If paying by check, please make check payable to Michigan State University.
- 4-H County scholarship—your 4-H Program Coordinator is providing an MSU account number to cover your registration. When you reach the credit card payment screen, close out of the system; do not pay by credit card. Your 4-H Program Coordinator will need to provide the workshop coordinator with the MSU account number.
- 4-H Council scholarship—your local 4-H Council is providing funding to cover part or all of your registration. When you reach the credit card payment screen, close out of the system; do not pay by credit card. A check from your 4-H Council should be mailed to the workshop coordinator.
Participants making payments other than by credit card during the registration process should alert the workshop coordinator at email@example.com. Any remaining balance after scholarships are applied is the responsibility of the workshop participant.
Registration for Shooting Sports Regional Training is open.
Registration closes at 11:59 p.m. on January 24, 2020.
Michigan State University is committed to providing equal opportunity for participation in all programs, services and activities. Accommodations for persons with disabilities may be requested by contacting the event contact two weeks prior to the start of the event. Requests received after this date will be honored whenever possible.