2020 Michigan Good Food Summit
The 2020 Michigan Good Food Virtual Summit will celebrate achievements, explore new directions, and launch a renewed effort to advance a good food system in Michigan that promotes equity, sustainability, and thriving economies.
We are grateful to have you join us for this unique opportunity during such a challenging time.
Since 2010, people across the state and country have gathered at the Michigan Good Food Summit to network, share, reflect, and learn about good food work happening in Michigan.
While we will miss gathering in-person this year, the 2020 Michigan Good Food Summit Virtual Summit will celebrate achievements, explore new directions, and launch a renewed effort to advance a good food system in Michigan that promotes equity, sustainability, and thriving economies for all of Michigan and its people.
The 2020 Virtual Summit will be an engaging event to help set the stage for the next 10 years of good food systems in Michigan!
2020 Virtual Summit Participant Benefits
- Live Webinar Series Access: All registered participants will be given access to join all live webinars and any related virtual gatherings in the series. Recordings will be made available if you cannot attend live. You can choose which events in the series you would like to attend!
- Webinar Recordings and Digital Resource Materials: You will receive access to the webinar recordings, the virtual tote bag, and other follow up materials which will remain accessible through April 30, 2021
- Accessibility: We are hoping to provide (auto-generated) closed captioning during our webinars and with the recordings. We will confirm this in conference communications. Please get in touch with us if you have any questions.
- Possible CEU Credits: We are hoping to provide Continuing Education Credits for 1-3 fields (we will post a notice if we are able to offer these and for which fields)
- Networking Opportunities: We will host a pre-summit virtual networking event and a satellite discussion session (open to the public) during the series where you’ll get to interact with additional presenters and discuss priority topics.
Scholarships & Registration Fees
Registration Fees Transparency Statement
The choice to convert our normally in-person summit brings forth some new challenges and opportunities. During a normal summit year, we ask participants to pay a registration fee to help cover the costs of the location, food, speakers, technical support, and materials. We work with partners, sponsors, and funders to supplement the full cost of the program to ensure that we can offer a reasonable range of registration fees and a number of scholarships.
We are working to reschedule the in-person event for the Fall of 2021. However, this year our virtual summit does have costs associated with its production. This includes speaker fees, technical support, and technology costs. Any revenue generated by the virtual summit helps to cover these costs and allows us to direct more of our conference budget to further virtual and in-personal gatherings in support of connecting around Michigan Good Food in the coming year.
Scholarships & Flexible Registration
The 2020 Summit Planning Committee does not want the cost of registration to limit your participation in the 2020 Virtual Summit. Scholarships and flexible registration rates are intended to support attendees who would not otherwise be able to take part in the Summit. We leave it up to our participants to decide what they are able to afford and we will not ask you to validate your decision.
- Flexible Registration Rates: We are offering a second lower rate for paid registrations. The rates are listed below!
- Scholarship Application: Any Michigan resident may apply. Scholarship recipients get the same access as all other registrants. The scholarship application form and more information can be found here: https://forms.gle/rqTBEHy9MueD9gKUA
Michigan State University is committed to providing equal opportunity for participation in all programs, services and activities. Accommodations for persons with disabilities may be requested by contacting the event contact two weeks prior to the start of the event. Requests received after this date will be honored whenever possible.
For questions on registration, sponsorship, exhibiting, and advertising, please contact Rachel Kelly at email@example.com.