Communicating through Conflict
Jan. 16, 2019
5 - 8 p.m.
Kalkaska Senior Center
303 S. Coral Street
Kalkaska, MI 49646
It is especially important in today’s polarized society and stressful workplaces to develop skills that can help facilitate a comfortable approach to conflict, an approach that builds and maintains positive relationships. Communicating through Conflict workshops include relevant framework and discussion that provide participants with tools and techniques to manage conflict situations more effectively.
- Achieve a deeper understanding of the continuum of conflict management options and approaches.
- Gain conflict resolution skills designed to preserve relationships, create a safe environment for continued dialogue and develop a shared decision.
- Learn approaches to active listening and how to choose strategies aimed at finding a mutual purpose.
- Discern how to recognize interests behind strongly held positions.
- Become aware of when to apologize and when to use a contrasting statement.
- Receive a document with easy-to-follow steps for Communicating through Conflict.
Michigan State University is committed to providing equal opportunity for participation in all programs, services and activities. Accommodations for persons with disabilities may be requested by contacting the event contact two weeks prior to the start of the event. Requests received after this date will be honored whenever possible.
For further information contact Bethany Prykucki at 231-258-3320 or email@example.com.