Spring Food Safety Q&A
Mondays, April 5 - June 28, 2021
1 -1:30 p.m. EST
Online Via Zoom
This is a FREE workshop taught by experienced MSU Extension Food Safety Educators.
Choose to register for all the sessions by selecting the "register all" button or select the individual sessions you are interested in registering for.
- April 5, 2021 - Eggs, Eggs, Eggs, Now What?
- This Q & A will discuss egg safety and share tips on eggs in a timely manner.
- April 12, 2021 - Don't Eat Dirt, Wash Your Produce
- Learn the importance of safely washing produce.
- April 19, 2021 - Working Together for Food Safety: How FDA & the USDA Protects our Food
- Most folks think there are no rules to protect consumers from tainted fruits and vegetables. This program will give attendees a basic understanding of the laws governing farmers and the food they grow.
- April 26, 2021 - Starting a Kitchen Herb Garden
- Herbs don't have to be outside in the cold they can brighten up your kitchen on a window sill. Find out how easy it is to begin an herb garden in your kitchen.
- May 3, 2021 - Food Safety in the Garden
- Food safety starts in the garden. What can you do to keep your produce and your family safe?
- May 10, 2021 - What you need to know about Food Safety
- How to apply the four principles of food safety: Clean, Cook, Separate and Chill.
- May 17, 2021 - Keeping Food Safe during Celebrations
- Food safety at graduations, showers and other celebrations.
- May 24, 2021 - Planting and Growing Strawberries
- How to select strawberry plants for your garden and grow them.
- June 7, 2021 - Top 10 Frequently Asked Food Preservation Questions
- Join us as we answer FAQ's from recent classes.
- June 14, 2021 - Turning Grape Juice into Grape Jelly
- Use your own home preserved grape juice or store bought grape juice to create a family event making grape jelly.
- June 21, 2021 - Drying Spring Herbs
- It's never too early to start drying your herbs.
- June 28, 2021 - Don't Be Afraid of Your Pressure Canner
- Safe methods of using your pressure canner.
Registration for Spring Food Safety Q&A is open.
Registration closes at 11:59 p.m. on June 27, 2021.
Michigan State University is committed to providing equal opportunity for participation in all programs, services and activities. Accommodations for persons with disabilities may be requested by contacting the event contact two weeks prior to the start of the event. Requests received after this date will be honored whenever possible.