RELAX: Alternatives to Anger
Tuesdays, Nov. 10 - Dec. 1, 2020
1 - 2:30 p.m. EST
RELAX: Alternatives to Anger helps adults, parents and caregivers understand and manage anger and stress and develop the communication and problem-solving skills needed for healthy relationships.
Participants will learn:
- What anger is
- What triggers anger
- Calming down and de-stressing methods
- Problem solving
- Effective communication skills
- Forgiving and letting go of the past
This is a four session series.
Session 1- What is Anger?
November 10, 1-2:30 p.m. EST
• Learn to define anger.
• Recognize and name anger signals.
• Constructive vs Destructive Anger.
Session 2 - Calming Down and De-Stressing
November 17, 1-2:30 p.m. EST
• Becoming aware of the effects of cortisol on the brain.
• Learn ways to calm down and de-stress when angry.
Session 3 - The Six Principles of Problem Solving
November 24, 1-2:30 p.m. EST
• The six principles of problem solving.
• "I" messages.
• Positive communication skills.
Session 4 - Forgiving and Letting Go of the Past
December 1, 1-2:30 p.m. EST
• Participants will be given resources that will aid them in forgiving others.
• Participants will acquire the skills to put their knowledge of the RELAX concepts into everyday situations.
Registration for RELAX: Alternatives to Anger is open.
Registration closes at 11:59 p.m. on November 9, 2020.
Michigan State University is committed to providing equal opportunity for participation in all programs, services and activities. Accommodations for persons with disabilities may be requested by contacting the event contact two weeks prior to the start of the event. Requests received after this date will be honored whenever possible.
For more information please contact Georgina Perry at firstname.lastname@example.org.