Making It In Michigan Conference and Marketplace Trade Show
April 27-April 29 and May 4-6, 2021
By holding the conference over the course of two weeks we hope that entrepreneurs, buyers and others will be able to incorporate the educational sessions into your busy schedule as we know it is difficult to find time to “get away” for a virtual programs. The conference will feature in-depth educational sessions, networking opportunities and take-home resources. The program will also boast a pitch competition with the Michigan Good Food Fund and a MSU chef recipe showdown in partnership with the Michigan Bean Commission.
The virtual tradeshow will provide a space for food entrepreneurs to sell their products and make connections with buyers through customized virtual vendor displays. The Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (MDARD) and the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC) are partnering to offer a unique matchmaking opportunity for buyers and sellers.
Have an idea for a food business? You can interact with the Product Center Team and thriving Michigan food businesses and learn how to make your idea a viable reality.
Have a product developed and need distribution channels? Exhibit your product in front of hundreds of key Michigan food and agricultural buyers at the virtual Marketplace trade show.
Want to learn more about making your business more efficient and profitable? Our educational sessions cover strategies for the following:
- Hear the latest trends, tips to improve employee retention, opportunities for change from crisis and more
- Learning about product development and the processes to create a high quality product
- Expanding your food business and taking it to the next level with advice from industry experts
- Learning marketing techniques and how to access different markets from retailers and successful entrepreneurs
- Creating a safe product and ensuring that your food business is protected
To see a full list of sessions please visit the website at: https://www.canr.msu.edu/miim/conference/agenda. You will need to select the sessions you want to participate in during registration.
To learn more about the matching making event hosted by MDARD and MEDC visit: https://www.canr.msu.edu/miim/marketplace-trade-show/making-it-in-michigan-buyer-supplier-matchmaking
Vendors will receive free access to the following two vendor prep sessions:
- March 25 "How to Shoot DIY Professional Video"
- April 14 "Preparing for the Big Buyer Meeting"
Michigan State University is committed to providing equal opportunity for participation in all programs, services and activities. Accommodations for persons with disabilities may be requested by contacting the event contact two weeks prior to the start of the event. Requests received after this date will be honored whenever possible.