Who Gets Grandma's Yellow Pie Plate? - Passing on Personal Possessions
Jan. 15, 2020 from 12 to 1 p.m.
Web based education
Log on from the comfort of your own home or convenient place with Internet
Planning for the transfer of both titled and non-titled property is an important issue that can significantly impact family relations. “Who Gets Grandma’s Yellow Pie Plate?” will address six key decision making factors for non-titled property transfer and provide strategies to help you jumpstart conversations about this issue.
This workshop will help you learn:
- Strategies to jumpstart conversations about inheritance
- About the powerful messages in who gets what
- The importance of planning for both titled and non-titled property
- How complex emotional and family relationships impact personal property decisions
- Six key decision making factors in non-titled property transfer
- About resources, including a workbook, to help improve family decision making
Teagen Lefere, Program Instructor specializing in Financial and Homeownership Education
Materials will be emailed to participant prior to session.
Michigan State University is committed to providing equal opportunity for participation in all programs, services and activities. Accommodations for persons with disabilities may be requested by contacting the event contact two weeks prior to the start of the event. Requests received after this date will be honored whenever possible.