Beginning Grass-Fed Beef Production Workshop
Feb. 8, 2020
10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Waishkey Bay Farm - Bay Mills Community College
10135 W Mills Rd,
Brimley, MI 49715
Beginning Grass-Fed Beef Production Workshop lead by Dr. Jason Rowntree, MSU Associate Professor of Animal Science. Free lunch provided by Chippewa County Farm Bureau. Hosted in partnership with Bay Mills Community College's Waishkey Bay Farm, Bay Mills Health Center, Chippewa County Farm Bureau and the MSU Federally Recognized Tribes Extension Program (FRTEP).
In this workshop Dr. Rowntree will be covering:
- Benefits of Grass-Fed System - Economic, Health & Environmental
- Foundations of Grass-Fed Systems
- Land Management
- Production Cycle and Timelines
- Data from Grass-fed Research at Upper Peninsula Research & Extension Center (UPREC)
- Soil Health, Plant Diversity and Preparing Land for Grass-Fed Cattle
- Touch on Grass-Fed Systems for Small Ruminants and Bison
Registration for Attendee Registration is open.
Registration closes at 11:59 p.m. on February 5, 2020.
Michigan State University is committed to providing equal opportunity for participation in all programs, services and activities. Accommodations for persons with disabilities may be requested by contacting the event contact two weeks prior to the start of the event. Requests received after this date will be honored whenever possible.