Walk with Ease Program Wakefield
Each Monday Starting Jan. 8 through February 12, 2024
11 a.m. CT
Wakefield City Gym
509 Sunday Lake Street
Wakefield, MI 49968
MSU Extension offers the Walk With Ease Hybrid with a self-directed enhanced program where a group of individuals begin and end the six-week program at the same time. An MSU Extension leader coordinates communication to ensure participants are organized, the instructor will present information to the class once a week and share tips to motivated and support participants to enable them to complete the program.
During the six-week program, participants will:
- Understand the basics about arthritis and the relationship between arthritis, exercise, and easing pain.
- Exercise safely and comfortably. Use methods to make walking fun.
- Make a personal walking plan with realistic goals for improved fitness.
- Learn tips and resources to help them overcome barriers and continue to be physically active.
- Learn about other programs and resources that can help them maintain their walking and try other physical activity.
Walk With Ease will help you:
- Motivate yourself to get in great shape.
- Walk safely and comfortably.
- Improve your flexibility, strength, and stamina.
- Reduce pain and feel great.
Michigan State University is committed to providing equal opportunity for participation in all programs, services and activities. Accommodations for persons with disabilities may be requested by contacting the event contact two weeks prior to the start of the event. Requests received after this date will be honored whenever possible.