Virtual Integrated Crop and Pest Management Update 2020
The Integrated Crop and Pest Management Update is going online for 2020!
The Michigan State University Extension Field Crops Team along with St. Joseph County MSU Extension will host the 2020 Virtual Integrated Crop and Pest Management Update on Wednesday, Dec. 16. Normally held at the MSU Livestock Pavilion, we are moving the program to an online format this year due to health considerations with the pandemic. The audience will include farmers, agribusiness representatives, retail sales and service professionals, and private crop consultants. Out-of-state participants are also invited to attend.
The program will include:
- Update on EPA Framework to Address Resistance in Bt Corn — Chris DiFonzo
- Optimizing Planting Decisions in Corn/Soy — Manni Singh
- Disease Management Update — Marty Chilvers
- Soil/Crop Fertility Research Update — Kurt Steinke
- Tackling Horseweed (Marestail) and Waterhemp Issues in 2021 — Christy Sprague
- Weed Management: Challenges from 2020, Preparing for 2021 — Erin Burns
- Summary of the 2020 Soybean On-Farm Research Trials — Mike Staton
- Wheat Research Update — Dennis Pennington
- Short- and Long-term Market Outlook — Matt Gammans
- Farm Stress Resources — Eric Karbowski
- Four continuing education units (CEU's) for Certified Crop Advisors (2.0 PM, 1.5 CM, 0.5 NM)
- Four pesticide re-certification (RUP) credits (Private/Commercial Core, or Field Crops 1A)
- Credits can only be awarded to individuals registered for the event and participating via their own device. If a group views the program from one location/device, only one person will be eligible for the credits.
- $30 (includes the 2021 MSU Weed Control Guide, shipped)
- Weed Guides should be received by registrants by the time of the event if paid registrations are received by Sunday, December 6. Registrations received after this date may result in Guides arriving after the event. Mailing to a PO box may also slow shipping.
- Weed Guides will be mailed when payment is received, so payment with credit card is recommended to ensure timely delivery of the guides.
- Cancellations received after the Weed Control Guide is shipped will incur the full $30 cancellation fee.
- Additional copies of the 2021 Weed Guides can be purchased directly from the MSU Bookstore. Note: you will not be able to order extra copies until the bookstore receives them from the printer (scheduled for Dec. 9) - no pre-orders allowed.
Registration is now open through Dec. 15, 2020. Registrants will receive information on how to join this online event which will be hosted via Zoom. For those who have not used Zoom before, instructions will be sent on how to download the free app to your computer or mobile device.
Registration for Virtual Integrated Crop and Pest Management Update 2020 is open.
Registration closes at 11:59 p.m. on December 15, 2020.
There are 298 openings available.
Michigan State University is committed to providing equal opportunity for participation in all programs, services and activities. Accommodations for persons with disabilities may be requested by contacting the event contact two weeks prior to the start of the event. Requests received after this date will be honored whenever possible.