CANR Alumni Association Golf Outing
29th Annual CANR Golfing for Scholarships – Goes Virtual!
Golf Where You’re At June 8-21, 2021!
The College of Agriculture and Natural Resources Alumni Association (CANRAA) is pleased to announce that this year’s annual golf outing will be held online, wherever you are. Golfers can choose their favorite or local course to golf on their own and still be a part of Golfing for Scholarships to support our CANR students.
Why we golf:
As students return to campus in the next academic year and student clubs resume networking and experiential learning activities, your support is needed so that the CANRAA can continue to support students in their academic and professional pursuits through club grants and scholarships.
To date, the CANR Alumni Association has awarded more than $1 million in scholarships and student club grants, helping more than 3,000 students. The Golfing for Scholarships outing is our primary fundraising event that makes these grants possible.
How to Participate:
It’s easy, just:
- Determine the course where your team will golf.
- Register before you play. One member of your team should complete the registration link and will receive more detailed instructions. All registrations, payments and golf information must be received by June 21 to ensure eligibility.
- Golf anytime between June 8 and June 21, 2021, whenever and wherever you'd like (must play a minimum of 6,400 yards)
- After golfing, submit a photo of your team and scorecards to the committee.
- Teams enter one of three divisions:
- Open (any team that would like to enter)
- Co-Ed (must have at least one person of the opposite sex on the team)
- Distinguished (average age of the team is 60+)
- The top team in each division wins a prize!
- Team registration is $200 ($50/person) and is eligible for tax deductibility. Registration can be paid together or separately, via check or online. *Please note, your registration does not include any golf fees that you may incur at the course you select.
Individuals can play too! Register yourself as a single golfer ($50/person), golf between June 8-21 (must play a minimum of 6,400 yards) and submit a photo of yourself and scorecard after you play.
**TAX DEDUCTION** The full amount of your registration fee and sponsorships may be considered a tax-deductible donation. Team members may submit payment individually and any party submitting payment will receive a gift receipt from Michigan State University.
Even though we are not golfing together, we still need your support through sponsorships. Money from annual and event sponsors help fund scholarships, student activities and alumni programs. To become a 2021 Golfing for Scholarships sponsor, register below or visit https://www.canr.msu.edu/alumni/alumni/golfing-for-scholarships/ for more information.
Sponsorship Opportunities include:
- Ace Sponsors ($2,000):
- Albatross Sponsors ($1,000):
- Eagle Sponsors ($500):
- Birdie Sponsors ($300):
- Par Sponsors ($100):
Thank you to this year’s sponsors:
- Annual Corporate Partners
- Gold Partner: Michigan Farm Bureau Family of Companies
- Silver Partner: GreenStone Farm Credit Services
- Ace Sponsors
- Albatross Sponsors
- Eagle Sponsors
- Andy and Kay Granskog
- North Bay Produce, Inc.
- Marcella Stachwick, in loving memory of George Stachwick
- Cathy Stachwick, in loving memory of George Stachwick
- Birdie Sponsors
- George and Anne Bird
- Jenny Bond
- College Fields Golf Course
- Michigan Apple Committee
- Michigan Turfgrass Foundation
- Michigan Pork Producers Association
- Paramount Coffee
- Rural Community Insurance Services
Michigan State University is committed to providing equal opportunity for participation in all programs, services and activities. Accommodations for persons with disabilities may be requested by contacting the event contact two weeks prior to the start of the event. Requests received after this date will be honored whenever possible.
For more information, sponsorship opportunities or special accommodations, call 517-355-3887 or email Faith Brooks-Mason at firstname.lastname@example.org.