Current Issues Affecting Michigan Local Governments: Fiscally Ready Communities
Dec. 16, 2019
This program is an online webinar. The webinar link will be sent out following registration.
- Eric Walcott, MSU Extension Government and Community Vitality Specialist
- Kayla Rosen, Michigan Department of Treasury
- Stacie Stonebrook, Michigan Department of Treasury
- Eric Cline, Michigan Department of Treasury
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Elected and appointed officials at all levels of local government, as well as interested local government staff and residents.
Michigan communities have experienced fiscal instability for a number of reasons. In 2019, MSU Extension and the Department of Treasury hosted statewide trainings helping local governments prepare to address financial challenges through the Fiscally Ready Communities program. This training encompasses best practices for local government. This webinar will highlight key points from those 3-hour workshops in a condensed, 1-hour webinar. The presentation will cover the fundamentals of fiscal sustainability and key financial policies that help ensure fiscal responsibility.
Potential Future Topics
- Assessing and Addressing Local Service Needs
- Road and Transportation Funding
- Public Engagement on “Wicked” Issues
- Strategic Planning in Local Government
- Fiscal Sustainability
- Engaging the Public in the Budget Process
Registration for Current Issues Affecting Michigan Local Governments: Fiscally Ready Communities is open.
Registration closes at 11:59 p.m. on December 16, 2019.
Michigan State University is committed to providing equal opportunity for participation in all programs, services and activities. Accommodations for persons with disabilities may be requested by contacting the event contact two weeks prior to the start of the event. Requests received after this date will be honored whenever possible.