Healthy and Safe Eating Presentations
Choose one class:
March 26 1-2:30 p.m. EST
OR April 22 11 a.m.-12 p.m. EST
Online via Zoom
Adults, students 18 and up, seniors, and anyone else looking for tips to cook for themselves!
March 26 - 1:30-2:30 p.m. EST
- Learn the 4 steps of Food Safety and why they are important
- Learn tips for meal planning and preparation that will keep food safe, but also make cooking easier!
April 22 - 11 a.m.-12 p.m. EST
- Understand and practice using the basics of meal planning, while finding budget-friendly yet healthy ingredients
- Learn how to locate your food resources
- Maximize your efficiency in the kitchen by cooking once and eating twice
- Learn some new ingredient substitutions to minimize trips to the store
Zoom link will be sent out prior to presentation.
This class is offered interactively online or by calling in using Zoom. Register and join us today!
This presentation is offered at no cost to the participant.
Registration is intended for Michigan residents. Extension services are available in every state, and we encourage you to reach out to your local network for similar programming. These courses will all be held virtually, utilizing Zoom. You will receive additional information for Zoom before the program begins.
MSU Extension nutrition and physical activity programs provide participants with tips and tricks to include healthy choices into any lifestyle and budget. Our nutrition programs are funded by the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program – Education and the Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program. Both programs aim to reach limited resource audiences, who are eligible for one or more of the following programs: Free/reduced school lunch; Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservation (FDPIR), Head Start, SNAP Bridge Card/EBT, WIC, and other assistance programs. We aim to have at least half of every class qualify by income.
Michigan State University is committed to providing equal opportunity for participation in all programs, services and activities. Accommodations for persons with disabilities may be requested by contacting the event contact two weeks prior to the start of the event. Requests received after this date will be honored whenever possible.