Beekeeping Workshop for Veterinarians, Veterinary Students, and Veterinary Technicians
Saturday, June 10, 2023
Morning Session: 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
Afternoon Session: 12 p.m.-4 p.m.
Michigan State University Pollinator Performance Center
4090 College Rd., Bldg #0470E
Lansing, MI 48910
Michigan State University invites veterinarians, veterinary students, and veterinary technicians for an in-hive beekeeping workshop. The hands-on session will cover hive handling and how to monitor and manage varroa mites.
This event is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or other circumstances.
Registration is free, and food will be provided.
- Registration is required.
- This event is only for licensed veterinarians, currently enrolled veterinary students, and practicing veterinary technicians.
- MSU is offering multiple workshops for veterinarians, veterinary students, and veterinary technicians that will each cover the same topic; participants should only register for one workshop.
- This event is only for adults (18 years or older).
- All participants are expected to understand that there is a risk of being stung. Participants are allowed to arrive with their own protective gear/clothing. MSU will have veiled beekeeping jackets (sizes M and XXL) for participants to borrow, but protection from stings is not guaranteed.
- If you have ever experienced an allergic reaction to an insect sting, you must receive clearance from a medical professional and the program instructor prior to the event.
AcknowledgmentThis work is created with funding from the Veterinary Services Grant Program (VSGP) Education, Extension and Training (EET) competitive grants program of the USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) (2202-04170) and the USDA NIFA Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education (SARE) Research and Education Grant program (LNC22-468).
Registration for Beekeeping Workshop for Veterinarians, Veterinary Students, and Veterinary Technicians is open.
Registration closes at 11:59 p.m. on June 6, 2023.
Michigan State University is committed to providing equal opportunity for participation in all programs, services and activities. Accommodations for persons with disabilities may be requested by contacting the event contact two weeks prior to the start of the event. Requests received after this date will be honored whenever possible.