Building Early Emotional Skills for Parents Webinar Series - March Webinar
Wednesdays, March 10 - March 31
7:30 - 9 p.m. EST
Webinar via Zoom
This event is free for all.
Parenting stress? New baby in the house? Trouble with tantrums? Learn how to help your young child manage their strong emotions! Building Early Emotional Skills or BEES is a four-week class for parents and other primary caregivers of children 0-3 that teaches about how young children develop social emotional skills and helps give parents skills to deal with the stress of caring for children and help their children develop strong social emotional skills. BEES will help you learn about:
- Your child’s temperament and stress
- Your triggers and how to manage them
- Being reflective about feelings and emotion coaching
- Reducing biting, conflict and frustration and handling tantrums
- Building a solid foundation for tomorrow
This is a series class and participants must plan on attending all four weeks.
Certificates for participation are provided upon completion of the series. In order to receive a certificate, participants must actively participate in the webinar throughout all four sessions.
Participants have the option to attend and actively participate via computer, or an app on a tablet or smartphone. Attendees can also listen to the presentation via phone (by calling in), but active participation is not possible over the phone due to the webinar format. Those who choose to call in are not eligible for certificates.
If multiple people in the same location want to participate in the webinar and need certificates, they have to join the webinar separately in order to each receive a certificate.
This registration process has three steps:
1. Register here. After registration you will receive a link to take the pre-class survey
2. Complete the pre-class survey. Once complete you will receive a link to register for the zoom webinar.
3. Register for the zoom webinar with your first and last name. Once you register you will receive a link to join the webinar and you will get reminder emails.
Registration ends March 3rd.
Dates: March 10, March 17, March 24, & March 31
Michigan State University is committed to providing equal opportunity for participation in all programs, services and activities. Accommodations for persons with disabilities may be requested by contacting the event contact two weeks prior to the start of the event. Requests received after this date will be honored whenever possible.